Private Pilates equipment sessions are individualized to your personal needs and desires. Whether you have a specific issue that you are working with or are looking to try something new, your private session will encompass everything that you need and want in a workout. We'll work one on one together for an hour and will utilize the majority of the Pilates equipment. Each session will be varied and specific to you. You'll leave your session feeling focused about your fitness goals, relaxed, toned, stronger, taller, happy, and flexible. This is your time for yourself to tune out from your day and into your body, the effects radiate into all other realms of your life. Your private scheduled appointment will give you accountability to reach your health and wellness goals and will leave you smiling.
Single Pilates Private Session-$60/hr
What is Pilates?
Pilates is a form of movement developed by the late Joseph H. Pilates in the 1920's. It encompasses exercises on the mat and on Pilates equipment such as the Reformer, Trapeze Table, Barrel, and Chair. All Pilates equipment, with the exception of the Barrel, utilize spring resistance for creating movement. This propels muscles to lengthen as they activate and fosters movement that works with the body versus against it, creating a low impact yet highly effective form of exercise. All movements are done with specificity on alignment and proper muscle activation. This allows the body to develop uniformly and creates balance and ease. Exercises are a balance between targeted areas and total body toning. We seek to develop movement from a strong core and awareness of breath which creates mindful movement patterns that impact every aspect of your life.
Benefits of Pilates:
-A strong core.
-Increased ability to breathe.
-Balanced muscle development.
-Better overall alignment.
Who is Pilates for?
Pilates is a form of movement that truly can be tailored to anyone. It is utilized in a broad range of settings from Parkinson's programs to NFL training.
Specific examples of people who seek out Pilates are as follows:
• Active individuals who are looking to add something more to their fitness routine.
• Athletes seeking injury prevention.
• Anyone who has a lingering ache or pain that prevents them from working out as much as they'd like.
• People who love working out but want more flexibility or balanced muscle development.
• Folks who hate cardio and don't identify with typical fitness.
• Someone who has completed physical therapy and wants to continue beneficial movement in their body.
• Individuals with specific conditions that dramatically alter their quality of life.
(Scoliosis, Parkinson's, MS, arthritis, osteoporosis.)
• Women looking for exercise that supports them during pregnancy and beyond.
• People looking for low impact fitness to foster weight loss.